How Can Faith-based Education Refresh Souring Perceptions of Higher Education?
When: June 7, 2023, 1:00 pm - Wednesday
Where: Stone Chapel
Higher education has an image problem regarding value. Critics, parents, and students question if it is a good investment or if it helps people be competitive in attaining their desired career path? Does it really help people earn more during their lifetime, and live longer, healthier, happier lives? Are universities overrun by liberal ideology, should they be ‘apolitical’, or should they be a public square where people engage in civil discourse and students learn to be critical thinkers? This session considers these questions and more as panelists describe what faith-based universities offer to the higher education community, students, and society.
Trace Hebert, Lipscomb University, Convener
- Candice McQueen, President, Lipscomb University, Moderator
- Phil Schubert, President, Abilene Christian University, Participant
- Scott McDowell, President, Lubbock Christian University, Participant
- Michael Williams, President, Harding University, Participant
- John deSteiguer, Chancellor, Oklahoma Christian University, Participant
- Sherilyn Emberton, President, Huntington University, Participant